The DWBIA is active in the areas of marketing, business recruitment, residential enrichment, streetscape improvement, seasonal decorations, parkland beautification, event sponsorship and the promotion of cultural enrichment and arts events. DWBIA committees are given tasks by the Board of Directors. Committee members determine directions, identify potential projects and make recommendations to the board.
The chair of each committee is a qualified member of the DWBIA Board of directors. Other members of the committees are chosen from qualified applicants amongst the DWBIA membership.
DWBIA standing committees include Development, Executive, Marketing, Infrastructure, and Finance.
For further information, or to apply for a position on a DWBIA Committee, please call 519.252.5723.
• Consist of between three and seven voting DWBIA members, approved by the Board, who showa balance of sector representation;
• Complete tasks or projects assigned by the Board, via Standing Committees (Infrastructure, Marketing, Development, Finance) or an Ad-Hoc Committee (Board Governance) formed for a limited time to complete a specific function/activity;
• The Board forms standing/working Committees consisting of a minimum of one Board member appointed by the Board member who is Chair of the Committee;
• Committee Chairs must be Board members and will be elected by the majority of the Board annually;
• Committee Chairs will be responsible for reporting Committee progress to the Board at monthly Board meetings;
• Committee Chairs may invite ex-officio guests and persons of expertise to meetings as nonvoting participants on the committee. Committee members must obtain approval of Committee Chair three days prior to any meeting, before confirmation to any invited guest;
• Committees put forward recommendations to the Board for discussion and approval. Contentious issues must be included by the Committee Chairs in their report/discussions at the Board level;
• Recommendations of Committees can only be executed following approval by the Board;
• There will be no teleconferencing at committee level unless quorum is required. Committee members unavailable to attend individual meetings may provide their input/ideas recommendations in advance in writing or by e-mail to the Committee via the Committee Chair.
To represent the interests of the downtown
Abdallah Elsayed, Sombritos Mexican Burritory
Development Committee Members:
John Ansell, The Squirrel Cage; Shaminder Boparai, RBC; Virginia Cosco-Pizzuti, 304830 Ontario Ltd., Mary Anne Ducharme, Pearce, Ducharme & Assoc. Family Law;
Development Committee Meeting Schedule:
The Development Committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month
This Executive Committee may not override previous Board decisions or make changes to the budget and is expected to meet between Board meetings and in emergencies.
Executive Committee Members:
Consists of the Chair, Vice Chair, Past Chair, Finance Chair and Committee Chairs (i.e. Marketing, Infrastructure, Development).
Executive Committee Meeting Schedule:
The Executive Committee meets at the call of the Board Chair.
To oversee the allocation of monies in the annual budget and to assure the monies are being used effectively and efficiently.
Stephen Lutvak, Chartered Accountant
Finance Committee Members:
Shaminder Boparai, RBC; Virginia Cosco-Pizzuti, 304830 Ontario Ltd.; Mary Anne Ducharme, Pearce, Ducharme & Assoc. Family Law; Larry Horwitz, Horwitz Properties
Finance Committee Meeting Schedule:
The Finance Committee meets at the call of the Finance Chair.
To develop and provide services and programs designed to improve Downtown Windsor’s physical condition,and to assure a friendly, safe, attractive and functional downtown environment.
Shaminder Boparai, RBC
Infrastructure Committee Members:
Infrastructure Committee Meeting Schedule:
The Infrastructure Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month
To position downtown
Michelle Falconio, Downtown Holiday Inn
Marketing Committee Members:
Mary Anne Ducharme, Pearce, Ducharme & Assoc. Family Law;
Marketing Committee Meeting Schedule:
The Marketing Committee meets on the first Wednesday of each month
Façade Improvement Grant Program Committee
To approve funds to downtown businesses who qualify for improvements grants for their façades as outlined in the Downtown Windsor Storefront Façade Guideline Manual.
Façade Improvement Grant Program Committee Chair:
Angelo Marignani, Milk Coffee Bar
Façade Improvement Grant Program Committee Members:
Shaminder Boparai, RBC; Virginia Cosco-Pizzuti, 304830 Ontario Ltd., Debi Croucher, DWBIA; Abdullah Elsayed, Sombritos; Michelle Falconio, Downtown Holiday Inn;
Façade Grant Improvement Program Schedule:
As required, based on application submissions.